Admissions procedures and policies
- The current Parent/Student Handbook must be read by the prospective family
- Prospective parents must submit an application form for each student (1st-12th) to be enrolled, a copy of the most recent report card and standardized test results.
- For 1st to 12th grade applicants, an interview with the School Administrator will be arranged before notification of acceptance is given.
- New applicants may be given an achievement test to determine correct grade placement if academic information is not provided or when the administration deems necessary. WCS is not equipped to handle students with severe learning disabilities.
- Five year old kindergarten applicants must be age 5, four year old kindergarten applicants must be age 4, and three year old kindergarten applicants must be age 3 and potty trained by September 1st of the year of enrollment. A copy of the student’s birth certificate is required. Kindergarten applicants must have a pre-enrollment physical, vision examination, and immunizations required by Michigan state law.
- All other students will be required to have their student school record folders transferred to our school upon acceptance.
- New seniors will only be considered if they have a good recommendation from a similar Christian school. Students seeking to transfer from public schools into the 9th – 12th grades are rarely accepted and require a pastor’s recommendation.
- All new students are accepted for a 9-week probationary period. Parents will be consulted if a different grade level assignment is necessary.
- Students in grades 7 – 12 will not be admitted if they are not a born again Christian, if they do not want to attend WCS, or if their parent(s) do not want them to attend.
- Parents are responsible for completing an enrollment card, paying the applicant’s registration fee, completing additional school medical forms, requesting transfer of school records, and obtaining any other essentials prior to the student’s final acceptance.
- At least one parent and all students must attend the Fall Orientation Meeting.
Click here to view the 2018 WCS Student Handbook!